Jac's Flickr Photostream

www.flickr.com

Sunday, September 13, 2009

Miramar and Furniture Reshuffling

Saturday

Yesterday, I met up with the Filipino scholars (past and present) and visited Miramar for the first time. Nothing really much to see there. Miramar is just a mall with a ferris wheel. The ferris wheel was a fun ride but the price is a bit steep at NT$150 per round trip (Yes, you only get to the top once!). Hahaha...

I got really excited at first because Miramar has been used as settings for many Taiwan TV series, but I couldn't really remember where the exact places were (except for the ferris wheel, of course.)

It was a fun day because there were a lot of new people to meet, (I think there were 13 of us all in all.) and the conversation was non-stop until 12 in the midnight!


Sunday

I woke up today because of my ringing phone. Diet was calling me about a Fahrenheit show at Ximending! I called up Jen and Heidi to tell them about it, and plans were made to meet up at 1pm in Ximending. (photo from Fahrenheit official website.)

When the plans were made, I suddenly realized that I haven't done any of my homework yet. I decided not to join the Ximending party because my "homework conscience" was nagging me nonstop.

I had my lunch with Neung (my Thai housemate) at a Japanese restaurant nearby. My consolation for being a good student is salmon 泡飯 (pao fan). yumyum!

Neung ordered a big lunch which she was not able to finish. Hahaha! (She also didn't want to have her picture taken. Pfft!)

I spent the rest of the day studying, reshuffling the furniture in my room, and catching up on lost sleep. :-)

For dinner, Neung went with me to buy 雞排 (jipai) and chocolate milk tea. Last night, I found out from Wayne and Keryl that Shida has the same 雞排 store branch as the one in Shilin so I had to eat one today!

Anyhoo, I still have a bit of homework to do, and there's no better time to start than now. ;-)

1 comment: